Shop Fox W1837 VS Grizzly G0771Z: Which One is the Better Hybrid Table Saw?
On This Page
Choosing between Shop Fox W1837 vs Grizzly G0771Z comes down to the one that gives you features that you require for the project at hand. They are quite similar in price and features, but there are some differences.
The differences are in safety features, the base, blade size, portability and mobility, cutting capability, motor, and dust control system. I will take you through the cutting experience delivered by both tools as you consider the cons that you can deal away with and the pros that suit your preferences.
Overview of the Shop Fox W1837
It is a hybrid table saw that comes with an open stand. It is lightweight, which makes it convenient to move around. It weighs up to 243 lbs. The rip capacity is 15 inches to the left and 30inches to the right. The blade is 10 inches which is the standard size for a heavy-duty saw.
The blade guard is very easy to change, and the kickback pawls protect you. The base is mobile and strong. The saw rises as soon as you push down the levers. The powerful, 2 horsepower motor makes the tool. It needs 120V/240Volts. It neither makes noise nor vibrates since it is of solid cast iron. It has built-in caster wheels, and it is adjustable.
- Precise cut into plywood
- Lasts longer
- Well-aligned miter gauge
- Anti-kickback pawls
- The start button requires more effort.
- Difficult to use on thick pieces of wood
Key Features of the Shop Fox W1837
An enclosed stand seals in the tool, which reduces inhaling dust. The blade guard has wings that are flexible enough to prevent the leaking of dust from both sides. It has a vacuum system that is paired with any of the four dust ports.
It comes with thermal protection that prevents thermal overload protection. The chances are low that there will be a fluctuating current. The riving knife protects you from the blade.
It has a Poly-V serpentine belt system that is efficient in distributing power. It does not make noise when in use as the standard V-belts.
The table is more durable as it is of heated iron. That makes it solid. It is flat and gives a beautiful finish that looks like a mirror. The table has T-slots that keep your miter in place.
It comes with a 2-HP motor. It has ease of use on softwood, and it also works better on the hardwood.
The blade is a 10inch diameter blade with 40 teeth that are efficient on both hardwood and softwood. The blade makes the 3450 rotations per minute possible. It tilts up to 45 degrees. The height of the blade is adjustable, and the angle. That makes it convenient.
Overview of the Grizzly G0771Z
The Grizzly G0771Z is a hybrid saw with a 14Amp, 240V motor that makes 3450 rotations per minute. The table of solid cast iron is heated for durability. It is flat and gives a mirror-like finish. The table has more working space. It comes in a T-shape that keeps the miter gauge in place.
It is compatible with dado blades that are up to 13/16inches. The diameter of the arbor is 5/8 inches in diameter. It has a 4inch dust port and cast iron trunnions. It also comes with a 2 horsepower motor that can rip through hardwoods. It makes straight lines and accurate cuts. The performance is exceptional. You need an additional blade for crosscutting and ripping. The machine makes a bit of noise.
- Easy to mount
- Customizable T-shaped fence
- Accurate dial indicator
- Great construction
- Attractive price
- Fixed wheelbase
- Slow on the thick oak
Key Features of the Grizzly G0771Z
The saw makes 3450 rotations per minute. That increases the speed of the machine. It means that the capacity also increases. Cutting through hardwood is made easy. Soft materials are easy to cut. The power cable is short.
The maximum depth cut at 90 degrees is 3.25 inches, and at 45 degrees, it goes down to 2.25 inches.
The two safety features that the machine comes with are a riving knife and blade guard. The riving knife prevents kickbacks. The blade guard protects your fingers from getting cut. It makes you see the cutting activity.
The dust collection system is efficient. Sawdust is collected due to the 4inch dust collector that is highly effective.
- They fall into the same category, a combination of the contractor and the cabinet table saw.
- They are lightweight, which makes them convenient to use.
- The table saws have potent motors.
- They are under 1000, which is a reasonable price considering the designs and efficiency in performance.
- The Shop Fox W1837 and Grizzly G0771Z use a two-horsepower motor system. They can be wired to the 120-volt and 240-volt circuits. That means they can draw to sockets that range between 18 to 24 amps with ease.
- They are fitted with a 4-inch dust port underneath that keeps your workshop clean of scattered chips of wood when you are working.
- They both use a 10inch carbide-tipped blade with 40 teeth. It has the capacity of ripping hardwoods. The blades are adjustable up to 45 degrees to the left, and the blades can send a quick release and accurate rip.
- Effortless miters and beveled angles
- Both products have safety features. That includes a quick-release blade guard and a riving knife that prevents small wood chips from getting at the backside of the blade, resulting in a kickback.
- Their fence system comes with rear and front locking capability.
- They can make Dado cuts when you replace the blade with a dado blade.
- They come with a T-slot miter gauge for blade alignment.
The Shop Fox W1837N has a kickstand and a wheelbase below. The features make the user drag them both forward and backward with ease. However, the Grizzly G0771Z does not come with a built-in mobile base.
The Shop Fox W1837 has a paddle safety switch and a split blade guard that protects you from cutting, whereas the Grizzly G0771Z has a safety switch with a removable start key. The Shop fox w1837 has a transparent blade guard. The Grizzly g0771z does not have anti-kickback pawls.
The Fox w1837 has a blade that tilts when making bevel and miter cuts, whereas the Grizzly G0771Z does not tilt.
The products are under 1000 is a reasonable price considering the design and performance. However, The Shop fox W1837 costs more than 800.
The Grizzly g0771z is easy to mount, has a customizable T-shaped fence, accurate dial indicator, and great construction. It does not have anti-kickback pawls. It does not have a built-in mobile base.
The Shop Fox w1837 is lightweight and portable. The tilting blade has a transparent blade guard. The Shop Fox W1837 has a paddle safety switch and a split blade guard that protects you from the cutting blade. The Fox w1837 has a tilting blade when making bevel and miter cuts, whereas the Grizzly G0771Z does not tilt. The Shop fox W1837 is the best pick if you are on a tight budget.